News / Changelog¶
- Use an auto-incrementing integer for the MailingLists’s id. WARNING: this migration will take a very long time (hours!) if you have a lot of emails in your database.
- Protect a couple tasks against thread and email deletion
- Improve performance in the cache rebuilding async task
- Drop the
- Make two Django commands compatible with Django >= 1.10
- Fix sorting in the MailingList’s cache value
- Don’t show emails before they have been analyzed
- Fix slowdown with PostgreSQL on some overview queries
- Add an async task system, check out the installation documentation to run the necessary commands.
- Support Django < 1.11 (support for 1.11 will arrive soon, only a dependency is not compatible).
- Switch to the Allauth login library
- Performance optimizations.
- Better REST API.
- Better handling of email sender names.
- Improve graphic design.
- Switch from LESS to Sass
- Many graphical improvements
- The SSLRedirect middleware is now optional
- Add an “Export to mbox” feature
- Allow choosing the email a reply or a new message will be sent as
- Adapt to the port of Mailman to Python3
- Merge KittyStore into HyperKitty
- Split off the Mailman archiver Plugin in its own module: mailman-hyperkitty
- Compatibility with Django 1.7
Many significant changes, mostly on: * The caching system * The user page * The front page * The list overview page
Here are the significant changes since 0.1.4:
- Django 1.5 compatibility
- Fixed REST API
- Improved RPM packaging
- Auto-subscribe the user to the list when they reply online
- New login providers: generic OpenID and Fedora
- Improved page loading on long threads: the replies are loaded asynchronously
- Replies are dynamically inserted in the thread view
Here are the significant changes:
- Beginning of RPM packaging
- Improved documentation
- Voting and favoriting is more dynamic (no page reload)
- Better emails display (text is wrapped)
- Replies are sorted by thread
- New logo
- DB schema migration with South
- General style update (Boostream, fluid layout)
Initial release of HyperKitty.
- login using django user account / browserid / google openid / yahoo openid
- use Twitter Bootstrap for stylesheets
- show basic list info and metrics
- show basic user profile
- Add tags to message threads