News / Changelog¶
- Unread messages now have a blue envelope icon, instead of a gray one before to to make them more visible.
- Quoted text in emails have different visual background to improve readability.
- Quoted text is now visually quoted to 3 levels of replies with different visual background to improve readability.
- Add a new “All Threads” button in MailingList overview page to point to all the the threads in reverse date order. This should give a continuous list of threads.
- Fixes a bug where “All Threads” button leads to 500 page if there aren’t any threads. (Closes #230)
- Add support for Django 2.2.
- Fix a bug where bad Date header could cause
hyperkitty_importto exit with
TypeErrordue to bad date type.
- Change the Overview page to remove the List of months from left side bar and convert different thread categories into tabs.
- Replace unmaintained
AsyncTaskand use the upstream version for better maintenance.
- Run update_index job hourly by default instead of minutely for performance reasons of whoosh.
paintstoreis no longer a dependency of Hyperkitty. This change requires that people change their
INSTALLED_APPS. (See #72)
- Folded Message-ID headers will no longer break threading. (#216)
- MailingList descriptions are no longer a required field. This makes HyperKity more aligned with Core. (Closes #211)
- Several message defects that would cause
hyperkitty_importto abort will now just cause the message to be skipped and allow importing to continue. (#183)
- If an imported message has no Date: header,
hyperkitty_importwill now look for Resent-Date: and the unixfrom date before archiving the message with the current date. (#184)
- Add support for Django 2.1. Hyperkitty now supports Django 1.11-2.1 (#193)
- Handle email attachments returned by Scrubber as bytes or as strings with no specified encoding. (#171)
- Remove robotx.txt from Hyperkitty. It wasn’t working correctly anyway. If you still need it, serve it from the webserver directly. (#176)
- Add the possibility to store attachments on the filesystem, using the
- If a message in the mbox passed to
hyperkitty_importis missing a
Message-ID, a generated one will be added. (#180)
- There is a new management command
update_index_one_listto update the search index for a single list. (#175)
- Use an auto-incrementing integer for the MailingLists’s id. WARNING: this migration will take a very long time (hours!) if you have a lot of emails in your database.
- Protect a couple tasks against thread and email deletion
- Improve performance in the cache rebuilding async task
- Drop the
- Adapt to the newest mailmanclient version (3.1.1).
- Handle the case when a moderated list is opened and there are pending subscriptions. (#152)
- Protect export_mbox against malformed URLs. (#153)
- Make two Django commands compatible with Django >= 1.10
- Fix sorting in the MailingList’s cache value
- Don’t show emails before they have been analyzed
- Fix slowdown with PostgreSQL on some overview queries
- Add an async task system, check out the installation documentation to run the necessary commands.
- Support Django < 1.11 (support for 1.11 will arrive soon, only a dependency is not compatible).
- Switch to the Allauth login library
- Performance optimizations.
- Better REST API.
- Better handling of email sender names.
- Improve graphic design.
- Switch from LESS to Sass
- Many graphical improvements
- The SSLRedirect middleware is now optional
- Add an “Export to mbox” feature
- Allow choosing the email a reply or a new message will be sent as
- Adapt to the port of Mailman to Python3
- Merge KittyStore into HyperKitty
- Split off the Mailman archiver Plugin in its own module: mailman-hyperkitty
- Compatibility with Django 1.7
Many significant changes, mostly on: * The caching system * The user page * The front page * The list overview page
Here are the significant changes since 0.1.4:
- Django 1.5 compatibility
- Fixed REST API
- Improved RPM packaging
- Auto-subscribe the user to the list when they reply online
- New login providers: generic OpenID and Fedora
- Improved page loading on long threads: the replies are loaded asynchronously
- Replies are dynamically inserted in the thread view
Here are the significant changes:
- Beginning of RPM packaging
- Improved documentation
- Voting and favoriting is more dynamic (no page reload)
- Better emails display (text is wrapped)
- Replies are sorted by thread
- New logo
- DB schema migration with South
- General style update (Boostream, fluid layout)
Initial release of HyperKitty.
- login using django user account / browserid / google openid / yahoo openid
- use Twitter Bootstrap for stylesheets
- show basic list info and metrics
- show basic user profile
- Add tags to message threads